On the 20th January 2018, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir introduced a new fare pricing structure in order to both provide clearer choices to travellers and aid with their varied needs.
The key changes affect existing:
- fare types
- baggage allowance limits
- advanced seat selection
- frequent flyer programme mileage accrual rates
- fare cancellation and amendment policies
You can read more about the fares here.
Some key points to note:
- Tickets issued before 20th January 2018 will be subject to the old fare conditions, while tickets issued on or after 20 January 2018 will be based on the new fare conditions.
- Fees now apply to those wishing to apply for advanced seating on ‘Lite’ Economy fares
- ‘Lite’ Business Class fares will be non-refundable and not eligible for redemption upgrades
- ‘Standard’ Premium Economy fares will not be eligible for redemption upgrades
- ‘Standard’ Business fares will now incur change fees